UPD Works Toward Sustainability...
The California State University (CSU) and other state institutions are major consumers of energy and natural resources. Therefore, CSU has the responsibility to be a wise steward of scarce resources by reducing the use of non-renewable resources and increasing energy efficiency. CSU is also committed to promoting the continued economic and ecological viability of the State.
At CSUMB, the University Police Department is working on doing their part to promote the sustainability vision of the CSU. Here are some ways that UPD is saving energy and natural resources:
- Electronic routing of reports on campus
- Paperless reporting system
- Electric vehicle for Parking Enforcement
- Electric scooters for Community Service Officers and Parking Enforcement
- Hydration stations (filters) instead of botteled water delivery
- Peninsula Police agencies are sharing the responsibility of delivering police reports to the District Attorney's Office in Salinas in an effort to reduce fuel consumption
- Recycle bins are utilized throughout the Police Department